Monday, February 15, 2010

Warning! Picture of Worms. Not for the Squeamish



So I don't usually post more than once a day but I went out to give my rabbits a snack and saw something odd out of the corner of my eye.  At first I thought it was an odd shaped stick, maybe with a slug on it.  Then I took a closer look and said, "EEEEWWW!  That's kind of disgusting.


I guess it's no worse than National Geographic or Discovery Channel shows but it is in my own back yard and I almost stepped on it in all its slimy goodness.

 

What really amazed me was how they were stretched out across these two bricks from their respective holes in the ground.  Didn't look too comfortable to me.  But I guess worms will be worms.  I think they are night crawlers.  The first winter we moved into this house back in 1997 there was a pretty good thunder and lightning storm.  The ground must have been electrified somewhere close by and we walked out to find worms writhing up out of the ground en mass. They were literally everywhere.  That was really a sight to behold.  But this, I have never seen before.  Budding entomologists should take note.

1 comment:

FetishGhost said...

That's a new one on me too. Ewwww