Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunset at Horshoe Lake

 

I was going to title this post "Week in Review" to put up a few images I had forgotten I'd taken.  I wanted to get them loaded before Monday but now it is 12:13am.  Oh well, my computer is running as slow as molasses.  Time to clean off the hard drive and store my images elsewhere.  This photo is from the beginning of the week when the sun first came out and before I got sick and then hurt my foot.  My son came gimping into my room on his crutches wanted to go take pictures and then he thought we wouldn't make it for the sunset.  Instead I grabbed my keys, threw on a jacket and said, "Come on, we're going."  We made it in great time and had about twenty  minutes to watch the sun go down.  My lower legs were bare so I ran back to the car for refuge from the mosquitos.  My son wasn't so lucky.  He persevered as long as possible and then signaled for me to come out of the car.  He dove for cover and left me to put away the camera equipment.  What the heck, I decided I might as well take a couple of images for my blog as well.  But the mosquitos were vicious, truly.  I played around a lot with this image with about three different overlays.  


 
Here is the same image with just a little bit of processing for comparison. The overlays are fun but I want to work on them more when I have time after my sculpture show goes up.  Well, here it is the beginning of a new week.  I've got to figure out how I am going to catch up after my cold and how I am going to hobble around best with my bum foot.  Wish me luck.

No comments: