Friday, February 12, 2010

Clay Marathon

 


Yes indeed. Last night was a marathon of sorts in the ceramics studio. The CSU, being part of the state mandated furloughs is closed today and Monday. I decided to go in last night and make a bunch of work so that it would be ready for me on Saturday. I started by finishing the assembly on two sculptures and then I threw some more sculpture parts out of some funky pink recycled clay that I mixed up about six months ago. I will cover it with white slip and no one will ever know. After doing all that I decided to work on some heart bowl prototypes. I had a request for some lower and some smaller bowls so I threw a bunch in four different sizes. I got to the studio at 8:30pm and didn't get home until 2:00am! I had a lot of fun but I am paying the price today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: