Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pottery Photo Shoot and Making Clay

I had another productive day today.  While I was waiting for a call to see if we would be making clay I did three loads of laundry and 300 shots of pottery.  Yeah, at the highest resolution.  Doh!  It took a while to upload and then I had to resize them but it was easier than retaking the pictures at a lower resolution.  Still, it would have been a tad bit faster of a process if I took the pictures at the right resolution in the first place.  Oh well, I'm still learning. 




Well, after all those pictures I am finally getting the hang of it.  I have been using the new light tent and tweaking the light set up and the leg height and I am really happy with the images I have been getting. The last photo shoot I did, I kept underexposing the shots and had to do a lot of tweaking in Picasa.  This time a whole lot less image editing which was great.  I love Photoshop but for this kind of stuff Google's Picasa application is simple and great. The best thing about it is that it is FREE!



Here is one of my popular batter bowls that I just listed in my Etsy store.  These are great gifts and I have sold many for wedding presents.  They would also be great as a Valentine's gift for the cook in your life. And that could mean you.  I think that sometimes we forget to treat ourselves to things.

Well, I've got one more day until school starts and the semester frenzy get underway.  I better go prepare!

No comments: