Friday, January 15, 2010

Oatmeal Muffin Bombs


If I had remembered that I had the camera with me while I was in the studio you would have been able to see all the productive work I got accomplished today.  I was actually supposed to do some clean up to get ready for the semester which starts in a week but my sculpture pots were calling to me from the damp closet.  So, what was I supposed to do?  I pulled the parts out and started assembling.  Four hours later I had two small experimental pieces and two other pieces for my show almost complete.  If I like the experimental pieces I might include them in the show if they fit in with the proposal.  Soooo, instead of getting some sneak peaks of my works in progress, you get this.




Muffin Bombs!

Carmelized oatmeal muffins sounded like a truly yummy recipe but you have to be careful sometimes with recipes you pull from the internet.  Of course, I could have done something wrong.  I'm not sure that I will make them again to bother to find out.  The theory was good.  Cook the oatmeal in butter and brown sugar until browned, then add water until is softens up and then add it to the flour, remaining dry oatmeal, eggs and butter.  Then add raisins, cook and there you have it.  When I pulled them out of the oven I was surprised at how heavy they felt.  And they were heavy, like a rock in my stomach.  I was rather disappointed because they were a little laborious and they smelled so good baking.  I should have made something from the baking magazine I "borrowed" from the doctor's office today.  Oh well:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! They LOOK good, smell good. I know what you mean....a waste of time and ingredients!

claydancer said...

Kyle liked them anyway. Guess that's all that matters. lol