Friday, June 17, 2011

Penland Pics Part 1

Hey all y'all!

I finally made it home from my trip to Penland School of Crafts and Asheville, North Carolina.  I've been gone three weeks in all.  I really, really, really wanted to update my blog as I went along but not having a laptop, smart phone or access to something other than an old computer with sluggish internet connection really kinda got in the way.  So the way I figure, it will take me three weeks to catch my blog up and then I will be perpetually behind for three weeks.  Oh well, the lazy days of summer.  Yeah right!

I arrived at Penland on Friday, May 27 after a rain storm.  Saturday was a full day of work study cleaning up and prepping the rooms for everyone.  Sunday, I woke up early and decided to wander around and take photos.

View from The Pines looking towards Upper and Lower Clay

Rocking chairs on the upstairs patio of Northlight

The Pines after the fog burned off 

The "cat walk" I went across in the rain dragging my luggage so I wouldn't have to go down the outdoor steps and back up the stairs to the second floor.  This goes into the third floor.

So I will get some more photos uploaded soon with images of the studio, instructors and clay work.

Y'all have a great weekend!



1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

There is nothing better then a trip to Penland and Asheville!
And that cake looks divine!