Sunday, February 12, 2012
Acrylic Resist with Water Erosion on Porcelain
I've made progress on bowls that are part of the rewards for my Kickstarter fundraiser for my trip to Penland. These are cone six porcelain that I have brushed acrylic medium on and then used the water erosion technique to achieve the texture. I like to make two layers of texture which can be kind of dicey. I started to see the inside of the bowl getting pretty wet in a couple of areas. Yikes! I can't wait to see how transparent these will be when they are finished.
And here is the cute little covered jar from the last post with this technique. Still needs some cleaning up but I love how it is progressing.
I also got started on some prototypes for some teapots. When I finally get around to putting the handles on ( I've been misting them for four days) I will get some pics of those. I don't have much experience with teapots so I am working on my learning curve. On Friday, I did a fun demo with laser toner decal transfers and my students absolutely loved it! I tried to shoot a video so that I could post it but I didn't have a large enough memory card and I had the resolution set too high. I only got the first five minutes, doh! So yep, off to the store for the big mama sd card. I think I will give it another try if I can keep myself focused. Feel free to bug me if you don't see it sometime soon:P