Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Snuggles


This is what Sundays are all about.  Hibernation!  This is my kitty, Tiger and she loves to burrow into the blankets. Can you tell by all the fur stuck to that one.  Never buy microfiber anything if you don't want fur stuck like glue all the time!  I've been playing with Picasa and Picnik tonight and having fun in the kitchen.


I made another version of my Thai tofu tonight.  I was inspired to make this after eating at our local Upper Crust Bakery where they serve this Spicy Thai Tofu so I had to google up some recipes.  The recipes are all fairly similar and call for ingredients like spicy red peppers, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, cilantro, and a little brown sugar.  Tonight's version was pretty tasty but missing just a little zing.  I didn't have any cilantro or lime and I forgot the red pepper.  I also didn't have peanut butter so I substituted almond butter.  Then I used some lemon juice. It really wasn't quite right without the peanut flavor, but I still loved the crunch of my favorite water chestnuts.  One of these days I will actually record what I am putting into this and post a recipe.  Hmmm, haven't been to good with that in the past.  We shall see.

No comments: