Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Too Busy to Blog


It has definitely been a whirlwind of activity lately.  We finished our ceramics workshopes last Friday with a culminating show in the Conley Gallery at Fresno State.  We did our installation with guest artist, Holly Hanessian.  These organic pieces are the ones we created with Jason Briggs.


Here is a view of my sculpture made while laying on the floor of the gallery and looking up towards were it was hanging from the ceiling.


We deinstalled the show and cleaned up the studios on Friday afternoon and that marked the end of the workshop.  I was exhausted but because I am a glutton for punishement, I decided to run up to Yosemite for a day.  Run isn't accurate.  My friend, Rehka, and I drove to Merced and then took the YARTS bus up to the valley.  It took about three hours.  Then we hiked the Mist Falls Trail up to Vernal Falls.  It was a gorgeous day but this out of shape body took a beating.  We took the bus back down to the youth hostel for the night and then back to Fresno on Sunday just in time to be at the orientation for Reactive Sculpture.  I am still trying to catch up on much needed rest.  Maybe when I get home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so so cool. Fresno State is my alma mater! Go Dogs! hope you liked your stay in the 'NO. :)

Anonymous said...

Great picture of the falls. When we went to Yosemite for the first time, it was snow/raining and we couldn't get any decent pictures. That is great!!!