Saturday, July 03, 2010

Sculpting a Bust with Tip Toland




Who knew sculpting the human head would be so interesting!  We just finished up our three day intensive with Tip Toland.   She is an excellant and very patient instructor.  Thank you, Tip! It was a mad dash and late nights to get our busts finished.  I didn't get to sleep until 2am this morning.  This is the first time I have done any type of figure sculpting and I am very happy with how this piece turned out.  Since we got done today a little early I am thinking a little nap is in order.  We don't have to be back in the studio "officially" until Monday morning for our next guest artist, Jason Briggs and the next big whirl wind of activity.  That doesn't mean I'm not SUPPOSED to be in the studio working but I am going to take some time off for the holiday weekend.  Some new friends and I might even make a drive up to Yosemite for the day.  Have a great weekend everyone!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Did you know you were that good at sculpting? You are just full of all kinds of surprises!