Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'm still here, really!

Ummm, how does a whole month go by before I realize I haven't posted in a really long time. Oh yeah.  School started.  Well, I can at least try to blame it on something.  I really have been busily working away at stuff, just not remembering to take my camera to school with me.


I got up early and headed of to school today to do some plaster mold making.  This was the piece I had been working on down in Fresno.  After the semester started, I tried to make another drop out mold and I must have undercut the sides after I got it stuck in the last mold and had to rework it.  So I decided to go ahead and practice 5 part mold making.  I know, ambitious aren't I?


What I thought was only going to take a few hours took me all day, literally.  I went in at 8 and didn't leave until 7.  I still have to go back and clean up my mess.  Plaster everywhere, but a girl's gotta take a break sometime.


I have lots more pics of the molds.  That's right.  I made not one, but two.  And the last bit of number two is waiting for me to go finish it.  Oh yeah, and clean.  Ugh.  I better go before I completely collapse.  Have a great remainder of the weekend!

4 comments:

FetishGhost said...

The mold looks good, did you key the bottom to the side walls?

claydancer said...

Yeppers.

The Struthers Clan said...

great job you little artist you!!!

Vicki Wenderlich said...

Ahh I know what you mean about having something take all day that you thought would be a couple of hours, moldmaking does that to me every time!

Five part mold, wow! Looks very nice. What is your model made of? And what is it coated with? I have gotten things stuck in the mold too, but never thought to make it a multi-part mold to prevent that... I will have to try it :P