Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Good Morning Breakfast


I love it when I actually take time to cook something for breakfast instead of just having a smoothie or pineapple and cottage cheese.  Mmm, saute'd veggies and scrambled eggs with fresh basil from my garden.  I have ruby red chai in this mug I made at Penland in the spring.  There were glazes left in the studio from the fall intensive with Suze Lindsay and Kent McLaughlin. I love how the layered glazes turned out.  Now if I had only gotten the recipe, sigh!  Molly Kite Spadone, a core fellow at Penland, taught me how to make that handle with the nice little ridge on top.  


In my last post I told you about my garden and flowers, so here are some eye candy pics for you.  This is the flower bed right out my front door.  My little bunny sculpture that I made in Susannah Israel's workshop just had to situate herself right in the middle of all the loveliness.


Snow and snap peas, kale, chard, bok choy, cilantro, carrots, lettuce.


Rainbow chard before the neighbor's kittens had a wrestling match in the middle of it!


Darn kitties!  But check out those luscious blue eyes.  Oil spots on the nose from hanging out under the cars.


Volunteer Four O'Clocks!


 Neighbors Rudabeckia

Next blog post I will have some pictures of the soda firing from last Tuesday.  Gotta go pay bills now.  

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

Nice to see your garden, Kelly, your cat, veges and flowers; when I had a vegetable garden sometimes I grew the chard just for it's color, but it is really good steamed with a dollop of sour cream on it too.