Monday, March 12, 2012

Here's a super quick post for y'all.  It has been a whirl wind of activity the past couple of days.  I worked all day on Saturday cleaning the studio, mopping floors, arranging wheels, offloading chemicals and getting a general feel for where everything is.  My fellow studio assistant is great!  He is an incredibly hard worker with a great attitude and lots of youthful energy.  Last night we had orientation and today was our first full day of class.  Sunday I finally got to meet Kathy King after her marathon drive out to Penland.  She is an absolute doll!
Today I got to mix glazes and organize underglazes and we have lots of delicious colors.  We set some of the underglazes out to thicken up for screen printing which we will be doing tomorrow using EZ Screens.  I can't wait.


Here is a pic of the design I am working on for printing.  Can you tell I took this in bad light with my laptop cam?  That's because I am in my jammies tucked away in my little bedroom half falling asleep.  I'll scan this image and clean up all the goobers so that it can be used for the transparency.  I can't wait to see how it prints out!  Nighty, night.

No comments: