Friday, December 09, 2011

Open House and New Work


If you happen to be in Chico, CA tomorrow come on by and say hello.  Our host, the illustrious, Pat Koszis, went to Penland School of Crafts last summer and had such a great time that we all decided we wanted to go.  In order to raise some funds to attend a workshop we decided to have this holiday sale.  So if you want to help us get to Penland next summer come on down!



Since I promised, oh so long ago, to upload some images of what I have been working on, ta dah!  Here they are.


I started playing around with paper resist and underglazes and am really learning a lot. I'm so used to firing cone 10 reduction that some of this has a bit of a learning curve now at cone 6.  I am loving the direction this is taking.  My mom and I are already fighting over the red plate above.  It is luscious and the satin was in the perfect spot to cool slowly.


I started this body of work with tumblers and then moved on to the mugs.  When I started everything looked like the mug in the flyer above but I felt like they just needed a little something so I started adding texture and staining them.  Love! Love! Love!

2 comments:

FetishGhost said...

I love the direction you are taking this. Using the underglazes with the paper stencils looks hot! The depth you are getting with your layers works well.

Vicki Wenderlich said...

Really nice, I pretty much second everything FetishGhost said. Good luck with your sale!